EVENTS AT THE FARM AT GREEN HERON POND
The Farm at Green Heron Pond is a unique space to hold large and small events. Set on 50 acres of rolling fields surrounded by woods and mountains, with a one acre fresh water stocked pond, it offers many possibilities for gathering. From its pavilion to its groomed event lawn, to its coves, fields, hiking paths, pond and pier, you will find what you are looking for.
The 1500 square foot pavilion seats 100 guests at tables and many more classroom style. With panoramic views of the pond, mountains and forest, it offers a perfect setting for your event, with its paneled cathedral ceiling, ambient lighting, ceiling fans, wireless internet, and attached washrooms. Clear drop-down sidewalls provide comfort during afternoon rain and cool evenings. The nearby 7000 square foot is a spacious place for group activities, from lawn games to yoga classes. The same lawn also can hold a tent or two, providing plentiful seating. The one acre, spring fed Green Heron Pond and Pier are natural sites for bird watching (yes, we do have Green Herons nesting in the spring), lounging and fishing. A large grassy cove, wildflower-filled fields, and paths and clearings in the woods make unique settings for guests to wonder and gather.
The Farm at Green Heron Pond offers practical advantages for your event. A large parking area, and multiple electric and water sources make planning easy. While offering seclusion and country charm, it is less than 20 minutes from the center of Asheville. The Farm at Green Heron Pond can be rented for half days, full days and multiple days, depending on your needs. A two bedroom cottage is available for overnight rental. You are free to choose your own vendors or consult our list of recommended vendors. Food trucks are welcome.
Why is the Farm an ideal place for outdoor events?
Located just 20minutes from downtown Asheville, The Farm At Green Heron Pond is an owner-managed venue available for full day, half day or multi-day events.
- Secluded 50 acre property surrounded by mountains, fields and forest—20 minutes from Asheville!
- One acre Green Heron Pond with pier, paths and fishing.
- 7000 square foot groomed lawn for large tented events, performances, games, yoga, other activities.
- 1500 square foot pavilion with vaulted ceilings, bathrooms, prep area, string lighting, clear drop-down sides, heaters, ceiling fans, portable music system, internet, multiple electrical outlets –seats 100 at tables and 150 auditorium style.
- Tables and chairs included
- Large coves and meadows can hold performances and activities.
- Large fire pit for groups to enjoy. Nights are dark and the stars are bright!
- Hiking paths through the woods and fields for groups to enjoy—birds are abundant.
- Onsite lighted parking for up to 120 plus cars. Additional parking in nearby fields. Drop off area and bus turnaround available.
- Electricity and water easily available in multiple locations.
- Areas available for food trucks and commercial-sized grills.
- 2-bedroom cottage for overnight rental.
- Camping sites on property.
TYPES OF EVENTS WE HOST
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Family Reunions
- Corporate Events
- Group Picnics
- Full Day
- Half Day